Sunday, March 9, 2014

Afghan Obsession!

Hello dear friends!
It seems that I have an obsession.
I just can't stop making blankets!
We have blankets coming out our
ears, I tell ya!
This is my latest!
I wanted to do something really
different from what I usually do.
I have a love of gingham and decided
to try my hand at a gingham pattern.
There are many different patterns on the
internet, but I decided to make up my
own very easy version.
I crocheted it in rows and then sewed the
rows together.  It worked up really quick!
I used the half double crochet stitch throughout
because it gives it a nice weight.
The idea I had from the beginning was
that I wanted a shocking border color. 
Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn's
'Hot Rose' color was just what I wanted!
I just love the gingham effect it has!
I absolutely love playing with yarn and
experimenting with color!
I'm already wondering what to start
on next!
There's been a lot of sitting around this winter
and too many cookies, ahhh, the cookies . . .
I need to get back to my walking and hopefully
will be able to soon!
Have a wonderful week!
'Yes, I have loved you with an
everlasting love;
Therefore with lovingkindness
I have drawn you.'
- Jeremiah 31:3

Pin It


Mary said...

It's been a long cold winter, that blanket looks so warm. AND it's so pretty too!

Country Maison (Eva Martin) said...

Hi !
I love, love your afgan as I love everything gingham.
I love the color combination and the effect of the striling pink, it gives light to the blanket.

I love the border pattern you have used, it is simple but pretty.
I'm finalizing another blanket and yesterday decided on a border out of the Edie Eckman book but I will see how it works out.

My blanket will be a gift for a baby born in January but I will have to make one for myself soon too....just an excuse to start another one ha,ha !


Theresa said...

SO beautiful! Love the black and white checks:) I have REALLY enjoyed my afghan, I have had many warm snuggles with it! Have a blessed week dear Twyla, HUGS!

Elyse said...

hello, hello!

sorry it's been so long but lovely to see you're busy as ever creating something beautiful!

happy march wishes!


Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Hi, Twyla!
Oh how fun!
I like to shake things up around here some times, too. I think your obsession is a good one. ♥

Amy said...

Awesome! Not only do I love the gingham look (I tried it once and got the colors wrong -- it's not as easy as you make it look!) but that pop of pink on the border is great!!!!

Shelley Kuhn said...

I like it!!!!!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such a pretty blanket!! Love the gingham print and the pretty pink edging!! :) Happy new week! xo Holly

usagypsy said...

Wow that's really beautiful! Makes me want to pick up my hook. I haven't crocheted a afghan in ages!

Melinda said...

This may be a repeat.

Oooooooo, I really love this one.
The colors are fabulous
The border color is great!

M : )

Mereknits said...

Oh my goodness this blanket is amazing, you did a fantastic job.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh, wow! Another pretty one! Twyla, you are so talented. Was it hard to keep track of what color you were supposed to be working with? I need to start walking again, too. My walks just take me around the neighborhood though, not across the state like your trek.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love the gingham look and the colors are great. Just beautiful! Tammy

Vee said...

That is a beauty!